The Sapling team will import all your employee data when you provide a CSV in the right format.
To complete your Sapling set-up, you'll need to import all of your existing team member information. To do this, we suggest to upload all of your existing team data into a clearly marked CSV for our Implementation Team to work their magic from there.
To make this process as speedy as possible, follow the formatting suggestions below.
Best practices for CSV uploads
- Make sure you have exported or saved your file as a CSV
- The only required columns are First name, Last name, Company Email and Start Date. Double check that any data you send us has at least these 4 categories. Beyond those, we also suggest to include Location, Department, and Employment Status so we can start building out your team groups
- Any data columns that involve a Date Field (i.e. start date, date of birth, etc) should be in the date format YYYY-MM-DD
- Email addresses should be lowercase (ex: should look like email@example.com, not GANDALF@THEGREY.COM)
- Ensure there are no extra spaces before or after any data entries (ex: sometimes a sneaky space gets put in after an email address)
We know data uploads are a critical piece of a successful roll out, so please reach out to your Implementation Manager or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!